Stephen H. Cagle, Jr.
Steve Cagle was born in 1977 in Dayton, Ohio and has lived in Texas since 1982. He is married and lives in Houston. His interests include golf, racquetball, and playing the guitar.
Steve received his Bachelor of Science in Communication Studies from the University of Texas at Austin in 2001 and his Juris Doctor from St. Mary’s University School of Law at San Antonio in 2004. While attending law school, Steve was an Associate Editor of the St. Mary’s Law Journal and became a member of the Phi Delta Phi Legal Fraternity. Steve is a member of the State Bar of Texas, the Houston Bar Association, and the Texas Young Lawyers Association.
In September 2004, Steve joined Christian Smith & Jewell. In his time at the firm, he has specialized in commercial litigation with an emphasis on contract and construction disputes. He also has experience handling a variety of other matters including: stock fraud litigation, intellectual properties, personal injury, partnership disputes, and real estate transactions and disputes.
- Bachelor of Science in Communication Studies: University of Texas, 2001
- Juris Doctor, St. Mary’s University School of Law in San Antonio, 2004
Honors and Distinctions
- Associate Editor of the St. Mary’s Law Journal
- Member of Phi Delta Phi Legal Fraternity
- United States District Court, Southern District of Texas; admitted 2006
- State Bar of Texas; admitted 2004
- Houston Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- Texas Young Lawyers Association
- Houston Young Lawyers Association
Hobbies & Interests
In his spare time Steve is an avid golfer and enjoys hunting, racquetball, and playing the guitar.