Laura Lawton Gee was born in Groves, Texas. She received her Bachelor of Arts in English from the University of Texas at Austin. In 2003, Laura received her Doctorate of Jurisprudence from the University of Houston. Prior to joining CSJ in 2010, Laura clerked for the Honorable Wesley W. Steen, United States Bankruptcy Court, Southern District of Texas for the Houston Division and worked as an associate with the Houston bankruptcy group of a large national firm. She is a member of the Houston Bar Association, the Houston Association of Young Bankruptcy Lawyers and the International Women’s Insolvency and Reorganization Confederation. Laura’s practice is focused on bankruptcy controversy and commercial litigation.
- Bachelor of Arts, English, University of Texas, 2000
- Doctor of Jurisprudence, University of Houston, 2003
- United States District Court, Southern District of Texas
- United States District Court, Northern District of Texas
- United States District Court, Eastern District of Texas
- State Bar of Texas
- Houston Bar Association
- Houston Association of Young Bankruptcy Lawyers
- International Women’s Insolvency and Reorganization Confederation
- “Lien Claimants: Did Release Add New Value?” Bankruptcy Law 360, September 2007, co-author
Interests and Hobbies
Laura is actively involved with the Junior League of Houston, currently serving in an administrative position and sitting on an executive council. In her spare time, Laura enjoys spending time with her family and playing golf.